Definiciones — Inglés
- Linguistics Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
- Music Musical sound produced by vibration of the human vocal cords and resonated within the throat and head cavities.
- Music One of the individual vocal or instrumental parts or strands in a composition: a fugue for four voices; string voices carrying the melody. Also called voice part.
- The right or opportunity to express a choice or opinion: a territory that has a voice, but not a vote, in Congress.
- Grammar A property of verbs or a set of verb inflections indicating the relation between the subject and the action expressed by the verb: "Birds build nests” uses the active voice; "nests built by birds” uses the passive voice. Also called diathesis.
- To provide the voice for (a cartoon character or show, for example): The animated series was voiced by famous actors.