Definitioner — Engelsk
- To move suddenly on or as if on a spring: The door sprang shut. The emergency room team sprang into action.
- To appear or come into being quickly: New businesses were springing up rapidly. See Synonyms at stem1.
- To jump over; vault.
- To bend by force.
- To present or disclose unexpectedly or suddenly: "He sprung on the world this novel approach to political journalism” ( Curtis Wilkie).
- An elastic device, such as a coil of wire, that regains its original shape after being compressed or extended.
- The season of the year, occurring between winter and summer, during which the weather becomes warmer and plants revive, extending in the Northern Hemisphere from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice and popularly considered to comprise March, April, and May.