- The characteristic surface configuration of a thing; an outline or contour. See Synonyms at form.
- Something distinguished from its surroundings by its outline.
- A definite distinctive form: "The bomb gave the shape of life, outer and inner, an irreversible charge; a sense of fatefulness would now lie on all things” ( Alfred Kazin).
- Assumed or false appearance; guise.
- To give a particular form to; create.
- To cause to conform to a particular form or pattern; adapt to fit.
- To plan to bring about the realization or accomplishment of; devise.
- To adapt to a particular use or purpose; adjust.
- To come to pass; happen.