Definisies — English
- Any of the faculties by which stimuli from outside or inside the body are received and felt, as the faculties of hearing, sight, smell, touch, taste, and equilibrium.
- Recognition or perception either through the senses or through the intellect; consciousness: has no sense of shame.
- Natural understanding or intelligence, especially in practical matters: The boy had sense and knew just what to do when he got lost.
- The normal ability to think or reason soundly. Often used in the plural: Have you taken leave of your senses?
- A meaning that is conveyed, as in speech or writing; signification: The sense of the novel is the inevitability of human tragedy.
- Intellectual interpretation, as of the significance of an event or the conclusions reached by a group: I came away from the meeting with the sense that we had resolved all outstanding issues.
- Genetics Of or relating to the portion of the strand of double-stranded DNA that serves as a template for and is transcribed into RNA.