Definições — Inglês
- To direct (a person) to a source of information; refer: sent the student to the reference section of the library.
- To hit so as to direct or propel with force; drive: The batter sent the ball to left field. The slap on my back sent me staggering.
- send in Sports To put (a player) into or back into a game or contest: The coach is sending in the kicker.
- send in To cause (someone) to arrive in or become involved in a particular place or situation: The commander sent in the sappers. It's time to send in the lawyers.
- send off Sports To eject (a player), as from a soccer game, especially for a flagrant violation of the rules.
- send up Informal To make a parody of: "grandiloquently eccentric but witty verbiage . . . that would send up the nastiness of suburban London” ( New York).
- send flying Informal To cause to be knocked or scattered about with force: a blow to the table that sent the dishes flying.