- The student body of an educational institution.
- An institution for the instruction of children or people under college age.
- An institution for instruction in a skill or business: a secretarial school; a karate school.
- A college or university.
- An institution within or associated with a college or university that gives instruction in a specialized field and recommends candidates for degrees.
- A division of an educational institution constituting several grades or classes: advanced to the upper school.
- The building or group of buildings housing an educational institution.
- A group of people distinguished by similar manners, customs, or opinions: aristocrats of the old school.
- To train or discipline: She is well schooled in literature. See Synonyms at teach.
- To swim in or form into a school.