ufafanuzi — Kiingereza
- One of the many small platelike dermal or epidermal structures that characteristically form the external covering of fishes, reptiles, and certain mammals.
- A similar part, such as one of the minute structures overlapping to form the covering on the wings of butterflies and moths.
- Botany A small, thin, usually dry, often appressed plant structure, such as any of the protective leaves that cover a tree bud or the bract that subtends a flower in a sedge spikelet.
- A flake of rust.
- A hard mineral coating that forms on the inside surface of boilers, kettles, and other containers in which water is repeatedly heated.
- A system of ordered marks at fixed intervals used as a reference standard in measurement: a ruler with scales in inches and centimeters.
- A proportion used in determining the dimensional relationship of a representation to that which it represents: a world map with a scale of 1:4,560,000.