Definitions — English
- To make or cause changes in the characteristics or attributes of; modify or alter.
- To give variety to; make diverse: vary one's diet.
- To introduce under new aspects; express in a different manner: vary a musical tempo.
- To undergo or show change: The temperature varied throughout the day.
- To be different; deviate: vary from established patterns of behavior. See Synonyms at differ.
- To undergo successive or alternate changes in attributes or qualities: Foliage varies with the seasons.