Definitions — English
- Подарок, оплата, декларация или других подтверждающих благодарность, уважение и восхищение: положить вверх доска как дань его щедрость.A gift, payment, declaration, or other acknowledgment of gratitude, respect, or admiration: put up a plaque as a tribute to his generosity.
- Evidence attesting to some praiseworthy quality or characteristic: Winning the scholarship was a tribute to her hard work.
- A payment in money or other valuables made by one ruler or nation to another in acknowledgment of submission or as the price of protection or security.
- A tax imposed for such payment.
- Any payment exacted for protection.
- A payment or tax given by a feudal vassal to an overlord.
- The obligation to make such a payment.