Definitions — English
- Of, expressing, feeling, or resulting from sympathy: a sympathetic glance.
- Favorably inclined: not at all sympathetic to her proposal.
- Agreeably suited to one's disposition or mood; congenial: sympathetic surroundings.
- Of, relating to, or acting on the sympathetic nervous system: a sympathetic neuron; sympathetic stimulation.
- Relating to or being vibrations, especially musical tones, produced in one body by energy from a nearby vibrating body and having the same frequency as the vibration of the nearby body.
- Emitting such vibrations: sympathetic strings.