Definitions — English
- Неопределенная или неопределенная вещь: Мы все вспоминаем что-то, украдкой ищем что-то" (Вирджиния Вульф).An undetermined or unspecified thing: "We're all recalling something, furtively seeking something” ( Virginia Woolf).
- An unspecified or undetermined amount or extent: We know something about the early settlers in this area.
- One having some or many of the same attributes, character, or essence as another: Trying to fix the computer myself was something of a mistake.
- A remarkable or important thing or person: He thinks he is something in that uniform.
- One who falls into a specified age range. Often used in combination: fortysomethings who attended their class reunion.
- Of, relating to, or being a member of a specified age range. Often used in combination: "the lives and loves of hip, twentysomething city dwellers” ( Joseph P. Kahn).
- A little; somewhat: She looks something like her mother.
- Informal To an extreme degree: He drinks something fierce.
- something else Informal One that is very special or quite remarkable: Her new film is something else.