Definitions — English
- Factual or realistic representation, especially:
- The practice of describing precisely the actual circumstances of human life in literature.
- The practice of reproducing subjects as precisely as possible in the visual arts.
- A movement or school advocating such precise representation.
- The principles and methods of such a movement or of its adherents.
- Philosophy The system of thought holding that all phenomena can be explained in terms of natural causes and laws.
- Theology The doctrine that all religious truths are derived from nature and natural causes and not from revelation.
- Conduct or thought prompted by natural desires or instincts.