Definitions — English
- The science of diagnosing, treating, or preventing disease and other damage to the body or mind.
- The branch of this science encompassing treatment by drugs, diet, exercise, and other nonsurgical means.
- The practice of medicine.
- An agent, such as a drug, used to treat disease or injury.
- Something that serves as a remedy or corrective: medicine for rebuilding the economy; measures that were harsh medicine.
- Shamanistic practices or beliefs, especially among Native Americans.
- Something, such as a ritual practice or sacred object, believed to control natural or supernatural powers or serve as a preventive or remedy.