Definitions — English
- To control, govern, or rule by superior authority or power: Successful leaders dominate events rather than react to them.
- To exert a supreme, guiding influence on or over: Ambition dominated their lives.
- To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in: a drug company that dominates the tranquilizer market.
- To overlook from a height: a view from the cliffside chalet that dominates the valley.
- To have or exert strong authority or mastery.
- To be situated in or occupy a position that is more elevated or decidedly superior to others.