Definitions — English
- Music A slender wooden stick or rod used by a conductor to direct an orchestra or band.
- A hollow metal rod with a heavy rubber tip or tips that is wielded and twirled by a drum major or drum majorette.
- A short staff carried by certain public officials as a symbol of office.
- Sports The hollow cylinder that is carried by each member of a relay team in a running race and passed to the next team member.
- A short stick carried by police; a billy club.
- Heraldry A shortened narrow bend, often signifying bastardy.