Définitions — Anglais
- To apply pressure against for the purpose of moving: push a shopping cart through the aisles of a market.
- To bear hard upon; press.
- Slang To promote or sell (a product): The author pushed her latest book by making appearances in bookstores.
- Sports To hit (a ball) in the direction toward the dominant hand of the player propelling it, as to the right of a right-handed player.
- push paper Informal To have one's time taken up by administrative, often seemingly petty, paperwork: spent the afternoon pushing paper for the boss.
- when At a point when or if all else has been taken into account and matters must be confronted, one way or another: "We extol the virtues of motherhood and bestow praise on the self-sacrificing homemaker but when push comes to shove, we give her little recognition for what she does” ( Los Angeles Times).