Definitions — English
- A part that forms the outer edge of something.
- A decorative strip around the edge of something, such as fabric.
- A strip of ground, as at the edge of a garden or walk, in which ornamental plants or shrubs are planted.
- The line or frontier area separating political divisions or geographic regions; a boundary.
- To put a border on.
- To lie along or adjacent to the border of: Canada borders the United States.
- To lie adjacent to another: The United States borders on Canada.
- To be almost like another in character: an act that borders on heroism.