- A moment or period in time perceptible as intermediate between past and future; now.
- Grammar Designating a verb tense or form that expresses current time.
- for the present For the time being; temporarily.
- To introduce, especially with formal ceremony.
- To introduce (a young woman) to society with conventional ceremony.
- To make a gift or award of.
- To make a gift to.
- To offer for observation, examination, or consideration; show or display. See Synonyms at offer.
- To hold, carry, or point (a weapon) in a particular manner as a salutation or sign of honor, usually along the center axis of the body.
- Ecclesiastical To recommend (a cleric) for a benefice.
- Law To offer to a legislature or court for consideration.