Opredelitve — Angleščina
- The energy or motive force by which a physical system or machine is operated: turbines turned by steam power; a sailing ship driven by wind power.
- Electricity supplied to a home, building, or community: a storm that cut off power to the whole region.
- Physics The rate at which work is done, expressed as the amount of work per unit time and commonly measured in units such as the watt and horsepower.
- Electricity The product of the effective values of the voltage and current with the cosine of the phase angle between current and voltage in an alternating-current circuit.
- Operated with mechanical or electrical energy in place of bodily exertion: a power tool; power car windows.
- Informal Of or relating to influential business or professional practices: a pinstriped suit with a power tie; met with high-level executives at a power breakfast.