- Characterized by or displaying certainty, acceptance, or affirmation: a positive answer; positive criticism.
- Explicitly or openly expressed or laid down: a positive demand.
- Admitting of no doubt; irrefutable: positive proof.
- Concerned with practical rather than theoretical matters.
- Composed of or characterized by the presence of particular qualities or attributes; real.
- Philosophy Of or relating to positivism.
- Philosophy Of or relating to religion based on revelation rather than on nature or reason alone.
- Mathematics Relating to or designating a quantity greater than zero.
- Mathematics Relating to or designating the sign (+).
- Mathematics Relating to or designating a quantity, number, angle, or direction opposite to another designated as negative.
- Medicine Indicating the presence of a particular disease, condition, or organism: a positive test for pregnancy.
- Having the areas of light and dark in their original and normal relationship, as in a photographic print made from a negative.
- An affirmative element or characteristic.
- Mathematics A quantity greater than zero.