Definīcijas — Angļu
- Characterized by or displaying certainty, acceptance, or affirmation: a positive answer; positive criticism.
- Philosophy Of or relating to laws imposed by human authority rather than by nature or reason alone: "the glaring discrepancy between American positive law and natural rights” ( David Brion Davis).
- Mathematics Relating to or designating a quantity, number, angle, or direction opposite to another designated as negative.
- Medicine Indicating the presence of a particular disease, condition, or organism: a positive test for pregnancy.
- Biology Indicating or characterized by response or motion toward the source of a stimulus, such as light: positive tropism.
- Having the areas of light and dark in their original and normal relationship, as in a photographic print made from a negative.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the simple uncompared degree of an adjective or adverb, as opposed to either the comparative or superlative.
- Driven by or generating power directly through intermediate machine parts having little or no play: positive drive.