Vymedzenie pojmov — Angličtina
- Electricity A fitting, commonly with two metal prongs for insertion in a fixed socket, used to connect an appliance to a power supply.
- A hydrant.
- Informal A favorable public mention of a commercial product, business, or performance, especially when broadcast.
- To fill (a hole) tightly with or as if with a plug; stop up.
- Informal To publicize (a product, for example) favorably, as by mentioning on a broadcast: authors who plug their latest books on TV talk shows.
- Informal To work doggedly and persistently: "You may plug along fifty years before you get anywhere” ( Saul Bellow).
- plug into To connect or be connected to in the manner of an electrical appliance: The local system is plugged into the national telephone network. This computer plugs into a data bank.
- plug into Slang To cause to be closely attuned or responsive to: connoisseurs who are plugged into the current art scene.