Definizioni — Inglese
- A thing considered as a unit or an element of a larger thing, quantity, or class; a portion: a piece of string.
- An artistic, musical, or literary work or composition: "They are lively and well-plotted pieces, both in prose” ( Tucker Brooke).
- A coin: a ten-cent piece.
- Informal A given distance: "There was farm country down the road on the right a piece” ( James Agee).
- To join or unite the pieces of: He pieced together the vase. She pieced together an account of what had gone on during the stormy meeting.
- piece of cake Informal Something very easy to do: "Relearning to fly was a piece of cake” ( Burton Bernstein).
- piece of the action Slang A share of an activity or of profits: "a piece of the action in a Florida land deal” ( Shana Alexander).
- piece of work A remarkable person, achievement, or product: "He's a very tough piece of work” ( Ted Koppel).