Definicje — Angielski
- A distinct stage of development: "The American occupation of Japan fell into three successive phases” ( Edwin O. Reischauer).
- Physics The fraction of a complete cycle elapsed as measured from a specified reference point and often expressed as an angle.
- Chemistry Any of the forms or states, solid, liquid, gas, or plasma, in which matter can exist, depending on temperature and pressure.
- Chemistry A discrete homogeneous part of a material system that is mechanically separable from the rest, as is ice from water.
- Biology A characteristic form, appearance, or stage of development that occurs in a cycle or that distinguishes some individuals of a group: the white color phase of a weasel; the swarming phase of locusts.