Ορισμοί — Αγγλικά
- A material made of cellulose pulp, derived mainly from wood, rags, and certain grasses, processed into flexible sheets or rolls by deposit from an aqueous suspension, and used chiefly for writing, printing, drawing, wrapping, and covering walls.
- A formal written composition intended to be published, presented, or read aloud; a scholarly essay or treatise.
- An official document, especially one establishing the identity of the bearer. Often used in the plural.
- Commercial documents that represent value and can be transferred from owner to owner; negotiable instruments considered as a group: "billions more invested in American stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, and other paper” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- A newspaper.
- To construct (something) in haste and with little forethought: papered together a new coalition of political convenience.
- Made of paper.
- paper over To downplay or gloss over (differences, for example), especially in order to maintain a nominal, apparent, or temporary unity.