Definitions — English
- Outward aspect or appearance: "You'll never persuade me that I can't tell what men are by their outsides” ( George Eliot).
- Of, restricted to, or situated on the outer side of an enclosure or a boundary; external: an outside door lock; an outside antenna.
- Acting, occurring, originating, or being at a place beyond certain limits: knew little of the outside world.
- Not belonging to or originating in a certain group or association: requested outside assistance; deplored outside interference.
- Being beyond the limits of one's usual work or responsibilities: My outside interests are skiing and sailing.