Definisies — English
- A condition of methodical or prescribed arrangement among component parts such that proper functioning or appearance is achieved: checked to see that the shipping department was in order.
- The established system of social organization: "Every revolution exaggerates the evils of the old order” ( C. Wright Mills).
- A condition in which freedom from disorder or disruption is maintained through respect for established authority: finally restored order in the rebellious provinces.
- The food requested.
- Law A direction or command delivered by a court or other adjudicative body and entered into the record but not necessarily included in the final judgment or verdict.
- A group of people upon whom a government or sovereign has formally conferred honor for unusual service or merit, entitling them to wear a special insignia: the Order of the Garter.