Definiciones — English
- Mathematics A member of the set of positive integers; one of a series of symbols of unique meaning in a fixed order that can be derived by counting.
- Mathematics A member of any of the further sets of mathematical objects, such as negative integers and real numbers.
- A numeral or a series of numerals used for reference or identification: his telephone number; the apartment number.
- A position in an ordered sequence that corresponds to one of the positive integers: the house that is number three from the corner; ranked number six in her class.
- An indefinite quantity of units or individuals: The crowd was small in number. A number of people complained.
- Grammar The indication, as by inflection, of the singularity, duality, or plurality of a linguistic form.
- One of the separate offerings in a program of music or other entertainment: The band's second number was a march.
- Slang A frequently repeated, characteristic speech, argument, or performance: suspects doing their usual number—protesting innocence.