Definitions — English
- The point at which something springs into being or from which it derives or is obtained.
- The point of origin, such as a spring, of a stream or river. See Synonyms at origin.
- One that causes, creates, or initiates; a maker.
- One, such as a person or document, that supplies information: A reporter is only as reliable as his or her sources.
- Physics The point or part of a system where energy or mass is added to the system.
- To specify the origin of (a communication); document: The report is thoroughly sourced.
- To obtain (parts or materials) from another business, country, or locale for manufacture: They sourced the spoke nuts from our company.
- To obtain parts or materials from another business, country, or locale: They are sourcing from abroad in order to save money.