Definitions — English
- A specifically defined division in a system of classification; a class.
- A general class of ideas, terms, or things that mark divisions or coordinations within a conceptual scheme, especially:
- Aristoteles modi van objectieve wezen, zoals kwaliteit, hoeveelheid of relatie, die inherent zijn aan alles.Aristotle's modes of objective being, such as quality, quantity, or relation, that are inherent in everything.
- Kant's modes of subjective understanding, such as singularity, universality, or particularity, that organize perceptions into knowledge.
- A basic logical type of philosophical conception in post-Kantian philosophy.
- Linguistics A classificatory structural unit or property of a language, such as a part of speech, verb phrase, or object.
- Linguistics A specific grammatical defining property of a linguistic unit or class, such as number or gender in the noun and tense or voice in the verb.