Määritelmät — Englanti
- A medium that can be exchanged for goods and services and is used as a measure of their values on the market, including among its forms a commodity such as gold, an officially issued coin or note, or a deposit in a checking account or other readily liquefiable account.
- Sums of money, especially of a specified nature. Often used in the plural: state tax moneys; monies set aside for research and development.
- for (one's) money According to one's opinion, choice, or preference: For my money, it's not worth the trouble.
- in the money Sports & Games Taking first, second, or third place in a contest on which a bet has been placed, such as a horserace.
- put (one's) money where (one's) mouth is Slang To live up to one's words; act according to one's own advice.