Definīcijas — Angļu
- The measured arrangement of words in poetry, as by accentual rhythm, syllabic quantity, or the number of syllables in a line.
- A particular arrangement of words in poetry, such as iambic pentameter, determined by the kind and number of metrical units in a line.
- Music A specific rhythm determined by the number of beats and the time value assigned to each note in a measure.
- The international standard unit of length, approximately equivalent to 39.37 inches. It was redefined in 1983 as the distance traveled by light in a vacuum in 1/299,792,458 of a second. See Table at measurement.
- Any of various devices designed to measure time, distance, speed, or intensity or indicate and record or regulate the amount or volume, as of the flow of a gas or an electric current.
- To imprint with postage or other revenue stamps by means of a postage meter or similar device: metering bulk mail.