Ορισμοί — Αγγλικά
- Music Designating a scale or mode having half steps between the third and fourth and the seventh and eighth degrees.
- Music Equivalent to the distance between the tonic note and the second or third or sixth or seventh degrees of a major scale or mode: a major interval.
- A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above captain and below lieutenant colonel.
- One who holds this rank.
- One that is superior in rank, importance, or ability: an oil-producing country considered as one of the majors.
- Music A chord containing a major third between the first and second notes and a minor third between the second and third notes.