definicije — engleski
- Relative position or rank on a scale: the local level of government; studying at the graduate level.
- A relative degree, as of achievement, intensity, or concentration: an unsafe level of toxicity; a high level of frustration.
- An instrument for ascertaining whether a surface is horizontal, vertical, or at a 45° angle, consisting essentially of an encased, liquid-filled tube containing an air bubble that moves to a center window when the instrument is set on an even plane. Also called spirit level.
- Being or relating to a specified rank or standing. Often used in combination: a lower-level administrator.
- Rational and balanced; sensible: came to a level appraisal of the situation; keeps a level head in an emergency.
- To make horizontal, flat, or even: leveled the driveway with a roller; leveled off the hedges with the clippers.
- To tear down; raze.
- To knock down with or as if with a blow: The challenger leveled the champion with a mighty uppercut.