Definitions — English
- Used to express desire or intent: She said she would meet us at the corner.
- Used to express a wish: Would that we had gone with you!
- Used after a statement of desire, request, or advice: I wish you would stay.
- Used to make a polite request: Would you go with me?
- Utilizzato nella clausola principale di un'istruzione condizionale per esprimere una possibilità o la probabilità: se avessi abbastanza soldi, vorrei comprare una macchina. Saremmo andati in spiaggia, peccato che il tempo fosse buono. Vedere Utilizzo della nota a se.Used in the main clause of a conditional statement to express a possibility or likelihood: If I had enough money, I would buy a car. We would have gone to the beach, had the weather been good. See Usage Note at if.
- Used to express presumption or expectation: That would be Steve at the door.
- Used to indicate uncertainty: He would seem to be getting better.
- Used to express repeated or habitual action in the past: Every morning we would walk in the garden.