Definitions — English
- L'arte di organizzare i suoni nel tempo in modo da produrre una composizione continua, unificata ed evocativa, come attraverso la melodia, l'armonia, il ritmo e il timbro.The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
- Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.
- A musical composition.
- The written or printed score for such a composition.
- Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
- A musical accompaniment.
- A particular category or kind of music.
- An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.