Definitions — English
- The indefinite time yet to come: will try to do better in the future.
- Something that will happen in time to come: "The future comes apace” ( Shakespeare).
- A prospective or expected condition, especially one considered with regard to growth, advancement, or development: a business with no future.
- Business Commodities or stocks bought or sold upon agreement of delivery in time to come.
- Grammar The form of a verb used in speaking of action that has not yet occurred or of states not yet in existence.
- Grammar A verb form in the future tense.
- That is to be or to come; of or existing in later time.