Definitions — English
- The capacity to do work or cause physical change; energy, strength, or active power: the force of an explosion.
- A body of persons or other resources organized or available for a certain purpose: a large labor force.
- A person or group capable of influential action: a retired senator who is still a force in national politics.
- A unit of a nation's military personnel, especially one deployed into combat: Our forces have at last engaged the enemy.
- Physics A vector quantity that tends to produce an acceleration of a body in the direction of its application.
- To compel through pressure or necessity: I forced myself to practice daily. He was forced to take a second job.