Определения — Английский
- To go after in or as if in pursuit: "The wrong she had done followed her and haunted her dream” ( Katherine Anne Porter).
- To go in the direction of; be guided by: followed the sun westward across the plains; followed the signs to the zoo.
- To accept the guidance, command, or leadership of: follow a spiritual master; rebels who refused to follow their commander.
- To engage in (a trade or occupation); work at.
- To bring something about at a later time than or as a consequence of: She followed her lecture with a question-and-answer period. The band followed its hit record with a tour.
- To keep oneself informed of the course, progress, or fortunes of: follow the stock market; followed the local teams.
- Games A billiards shot in which the cue ball is struck above center so that it follows the path of the object ball after impact.
- follow along To move or proceed in unison or in accord with an example: followed along with the song.
- follow through Sports To carry a stroke to natural completion after hitting or releasing a ball or other object.