Definitioner — Engelsk
- To give guidance and instruction to (actors or musicians, for example) in the rehearsal and performance of a work.
- Proceeding without interruption in a straight course or line; not deviating or swerving: a direct route.
- Effected by action of the voters, rather than through elected representatives or delegates: direct elections.
- Mathematics Varying in the same manner as another quantity, especially increasing if another quantity increases or decreasing if it decreases.
- Astronomy Designating west-to-east motion of a planet in the same direction as the sun's movement against the stars.
- Sports Being a free kick in soccer by which a goal can be scored without the ball being touched by a second player.