Definições — Inglês
- One of a series of steps in a process, course, or progression; a stage: proceeded to the next degree of difficulty.
- A step in a direct hereditary line of descent or ascent: First cousins are two degrees from their common ancestor.
- The extent or measure of a state of being, an action, or a relation: modernized their facilities to a large degree.
- Mathematics The greatest sum of the exponents of the variables in a term of a polynomial or polynomial equation.
- Mathematics The exponent of the derivative of highest order in a differential equation in standard form.
- An academic title given by a college or university to a student who has completed a course of study: received the Bachelor of Arts degree at commencement.
- Law A division or classification of a specific crime according to its seriousness: murder in the second degree.
- Grammar One of the forms used in the comparison of adjectives and adverbs. For example, tall is the positive degree, taller the comparative degree, and tallest the superlative degree of the adjective tall.
- to a degree To a small extent; in a limited way: doesn't like spicy food, but can eat a little pepper to a degree.