Definitions — English
- The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.
- These patterns, traits, and products considered as the expression of a particular period, class, community, or population: Edwardian culture; Japanese culture; the culture of poverty.
- These patterns, traits, and products considered with respect to a particular category, such as a field, subject, or mode of expression: religious culture in the Middle Ages; musical culture; oral culture.
- The predominating attitudes and behavior that characterize the functioning of a group or organization.
- Biology The growing of microorganisms, tissue cells, or other living matter in a specially prepared nutrient medium.
- To cultivate.