- The Christian religion; Christianity.
- In Christianity, a sign made by tracing the outline of a cross with the right hand upon the forehead and chest as a devotional act.
- A trial, affliction, or frustration. See Synonyms at burden1.
- A mark or pattern formed by the intersection of two lines, especially such a mark (X) used as a signature.
- A pipe fitting with four branches in upright and transverse form, used as a junction for intersecting pipes.
- Biology The process of crossbreeding; hybridization.
- Law An act or instance of cross-examining; a cross-examination.
- Slang A contest whose outcome has been dishonestly prearranged.