定義 — 英語
- A reputation for sound character or quality; standing: It is to their credit that they worked so hard without complaining.
- An acknowledgment of work done, as in the production of a motion picture or publication. Often used in the plural: At the end of the film we stayed to watch the credits.
- Official certification or recognition that a student has successfully completed a course of study: He received full credit for his studies at a previous school.
- Reputation for solvency and integrity entitling a person to be trusted in buying or borrowing: You should have no trouble getting the loan if your credit is good.
- An arrangement for deferred payment of a loan or purchase: a store that offers credit; bought my stereo on credit.
- To believe in; trust: "She refused steadfastly to credit the reports of his death” ( Agatha Christie).
- To regard as having performed an action or being endowed with a quality: had to credit them with good intentions.