Määritelmät — Englanti
- A mode or state of being: "The Organization Man survives as a modern classic because it captures a permanent part of our social condition” ( Robert J. Samuelson). See Synonyms at state.
- One that is indispensable to the appearance or occurrence of another; prerequisite: Compatibility is a condition of a successful marriage.
- Logic A proposition on which another proposition depends; the antecedent of a conditional proposition.
- Law A provision making the effect of a legal instrument contingent on the occurrence of an uncertain future event.
- An unsatisfactory grade given to a student, serving notice that deficiencies can be made up by the completion of additional work.
- To render fit for work or use.
- To accustom (oneself or another) to; adapt: had to condition herself to long hours of hard work; conditioned the troops to marches at high altitudes.
- To air-condition.
- Psychology To cause an organism to respond in a specific manner to a conditioned stimulus in the absence of an unconditioned stimulus.