- A set, collection, group, or configuration containing members regarded as having certain attributes or traits in common; a kind or category.
- Social rank or caste, especially high rank.
- A level of academic development, as in an elementary or secondary school.
- A group of students or alumni who have the same year of graduation.
- Statistics An interval in a frequency distribution.
- Linguistics A group of words belonging to the same grammatical category that share a particular set of morphological properties, such as a set of inflections.