Definitions — English
- A general class of ideas, terms, or things that mark divisions or coordinations within a conceptual scheme, especially:
- Aristotle's modes of objective being, such as quality, quantity, or relation, that are inherent in everything.
- Kant's modes of subjective understanding, such as singularity, universality, or particularity, that organize perceptions into knowledge.
- Linguistics A classificatory structural unit or property of a language, such as a part of speech, verb phrase, or object.
- Linguistics A specific grammatical defining property of a linguistic unit or class, such as number or gender in the noun and tense or voice in the verb.