Id-definizzjonijiet — L-Ingliż
- To damage or injure by fire, heat, radiation, electricity, or a caustic agent: burned the toast; burned my skin with the acid.
- To make or produce by fire or heat: burn a hole in the rug.
- To metabolize (glucose, for example) in the body.
- To brand (an animal).
- To engrave or make indelible by as or as if by burning: The image of the accident was burned into my memory.
- To inflict harm or hardship on; hurt: "Huge loan losses have burned banks in recent years” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- To record data on (a compact disk, for example).