Txhais cov ntsiab lus — English
- A secondary woody stem or limb growing from the trunk or main stem of a tree or shrub or from another secondary limb.
- Anatomy An offshoot or a division of the main portion of a structure, especially that of a nerve, blood vessel, or lymphatic vessel; a ramus.
- An area of specialized skill or knowledge, especially academic or vocational, that is related to but separate from other areas: the judicial branch of government; the branch of medicine called neurology.
- Computer Science A sequence of program instructions to which the normal sequence of instructions relinquishes control, depending on the value of certain variables.
- To come forth as a branch or subdivision; develop or diverge from: an unpaved road that branches from the main road; a theory that branches from an older system of ideas.
- To enlarge the scope of one's interests, business, or activities: branch out from physics into related fields.
- Computer Science To relinquish control to another set of instructions or another routine as a result of the presence of a branch.