Definiţii — Engleză
- A superior, as in standing, competence, or intelligence. Usually used in the plural: to learn from one's betters.
- To make better; improve: trying to better conditions in the prison; bettered myself by changing jobs. See Synonyms at improve.
- More useful, suitable, or desirable: found a better way to go; a suit with a better fit than that one.
- In a more excellent way.
- better off In a better or more prosperous condition: would be better off taking the train instead of driving; felt better off after the rise in stock prices.
- think better of To change one's mind about (a course of action) after reconsideration: I almost bought an expensive watch, but then I thought better of it.